AGM 2023 on October 28th 2023
HELD ON SATURDAY 28 OCTOBER 2023 AT 10.30AM IN THE SOUTAR THEATRE
A K BELL LIBRARY, YORK PLACE, PERTH. PH2 8EP
1. Welcome to all Members and visitors to the meeting.
2. To note Apologies, as received (e.g. by reply to this email)
3. To note the Minute of the 2022 AGM.
4. To receive the Chairman’s Report and update of the Forward Plan.
5. To receive the Financial Report of Perth Civic Trust for the year to 31 March 2023.
6. The Chairman, Treasurer and Secretary were appointed in 2022 and have a further year to serve.
7. To receive nominations and appoint members of the Executive Committee of Perth Civic Trust.
8. To receive a recommendation and agree the subscription for the year beginning 1 April 2024.
9. To consider any other competent business.
There were two short presentations. Roben Antoniewicz spoke about our plans for new blue plaques and Mike Bell on how to find the plaques on our web site, how they are grouped and what further developments are being proposed.
Jill McGrath, CEO for the YMCA presented “New Life for Old Church”, an illustrated update on the progress of the conversion of the former St Andrew’s Church in Atholl Street to form the new Y Centre for the YMCA.
PERTH CIVIC TRUST SPRING LECTURE
Proposed Map of Historic Perth – An Update
Saturday 13th May 2023 at 10.30am
Our new lecture series of 2023 started with a talk in the Soutar Theatre at the A K Bell Library.
After an introduction by our Chairman Willie Wilson, we were given an update on a very exciting project that is being taken forward by the Perth Society of Natural Science in conjunction with the Historic Towns Trust, together with members of Perth Civic Trust to provide a map of Historic Perth with buildings and locations of particular interest highlighted upon it. It is the intention that this will subsequently be accompanied by a more detailed atlas produced from the information gathered initially to produce the map, which is the current focus.
Copies of previous maps produced by the Historic Towns Trust were on display at the meeting. John Jessop from Perthshire Society of Natural Science and John Moore from the Historic Towns Trust provided background on the project and updated us on current progress.
AGM 2022 on September 24th, 2022
This was held at 11.00am on 24th September 2022 in the Threshold Hall of St John the Baptist Episcopal Church, Princes St, Perth PH2 8LJ.
- Welcome to all Members to the meeting
- To note the Apologies as received
- To note the outcome of the meeting held on 9 November 2019 and activities since
- To receive the Co Chair’s Report
- To receive the Financial Report of the Perth Civic Trust for the year to 31 March 2022 and 2021
- To receive nominations and appoint the Chairman of the Perth Civic Trust for two years
- To receive nominations and appoint the Security of the Perth Civic Trust for two years
- To receive nominations and appoint the Treasurer of the Perth Civic Trust
- To receive nominations and appoint members of the Executive Committee of Perth Civic Trust
- To receive a recommendation and agree the subscription for the year beginning 1 April 2023
- To consider any other competent business
Following the meeting there was a discussion on the current progress with the Plagues and the ongoing discussions with PSNS, Culture Perth & Kinross and the Glovers Incorporation of Perth.
Helen Smout Chief Executive of Culture Perth & Kinross provided an illustrated update of progress with the development of Perth City Hall to form the major exhibition and the plans for Perth Museum.